Monday, August 01, 2005

It's a Great Time to be Alive

Why is it a great time to be alive? Why it's FOOTBALL SEASON OF COURSE!
Tomorrow is my birthday, so to celebrate, I'm taking the day off and going to see the Panthers at their training camp in Spartanburg, SC. I have been almost every year, and it's time to make my trip up.

In case you didn't know, I'm a huge Panthers fan! The team and I both came to the Carolina's at the same time, so it just seemed like a great fit. Even through the 1 and 15 season, I was a fan. Granted, a disappointed one, but a fan none the less. I'll be taking my camera, and hope to get some shots for the site, and my newsletter.

Speaking of my newsletter, I suppose it's getting time to start drafting this month's addition. I'll be adding a few new things to it, and might try a different format (if I can get it working in time). My goal is to get it out to everyone on or about the 12th of the month. I know that's an odd date, but it's also the same deadline for another newsletter for Walden Lodge.

I have done some more reading and was pointed to a great article. If you're interested in the Plame case, this is a great article with the words coming right from the source of the leak himself. The most telling part is found in the final paragraph. Take a couple of minutes and enjoy. I was pointed to the article by Dr. Jerry Pournelle's website. This is a site I visit daily and enjoy reading his views and the mail sent in by his readers (including some from me).

No comments: