Saturday, August 20, 2005

Oh Canada!

Well the trip to and from Canada is almost over. Now all I have to do is get some house cleaning done on the notes from the meeting yesterday. Since my plane doesn't leave until 2:00 p.m. that shouldn't be a problem.

While there is high speed wireless access here in the hotel lobby and they advertise high speed in the rooms I couldn't find it. Anyway, I came in very late both Thursday and Friday nights, and just didn't feel up to trekking down to the lobby to check emails and update this thing.

It was a very productive meeting, but I'm still not convinced we couldn't do the whole thing over a web conference. The bonus was I got a chance to see the plant and the operations side of the house and the new product coming off of the machines looks really good. We should be able to gain some in roads to new customers with it, and that's the name of the game.

I have to see if I can find a post card for Christina. I didn't find one yesterday while I was in Canada (no time to look), so I'll see if I can find one today and send it out.

The flights from Greenville to Dulles and Dulles to Detroit were uneventful, and Independence Air was a good choice of airlines. The only downside was the terminal in dulles. It was not up to the usual standards I would expect at Dulles. I'm not sure why but it in terrible shape.
The bus driver for Avis was another bright spot. He was very courteous and helpful and that is worth writing Avis about. Signing on for the Avis preferred membership was probably one of the best travel decisions I've made. I have been a member for a number of years now, and being able to bypass the counter and go straight to my vehicle (or in this case have the bus drop me off in front of it) sure makes the process smoother.

No comments: