Sunday, August 14, 2005

Yo-yo

Yesterday was a day of both ups and downs, like a yo-yo.

It started with a great day of golf at Furman University. I played in the Keller-Williams tournament there. After my horrible outing at Southern Oaks at the end of July, I considered taking the rest of the tournament season off. But through perseverance and the help of some friends (and a good practice round at Carolina Springs on Thursday) I decided to play. While I didn't win, I played up to my potential. Except for one stumble coming home I would have had a shot at winning.

Then came the low. I knew I would have a tough time making it home by the start of the fantasy draft anyway, but with a rain delay during the tournament I didn't leave the course until almost 7:00 p.m. When I got home the draft was already well underway and cruising. Then I started having internet troubles as well. The end result was I managed to draft one player out of 14 and the computer chose the other 13. And to tell the truth, I didn't really want to draft the one player I did. Well, now it will be up to trades and good management of the team and see who's available to acquire off of waivers.

I suppose of that's the worst thing that happens to me this weekend, I really shouldn't complain. It was disappointing but it certainly isn't fatal. I'll just have to manage the pants off of the team I have.

No comments: