Saturday, October 01, 2005

I Finished!

Ok, I'm back and cleaned up from my first 5k race. The race was here in Fountain Inn, SC and was to benefit the Laurens Hope foundation. While the world record is safely intact, I did manage to finish in a respectable 31:15. That's rather unofficial, and a little long, as I didn't stop my watch until I was far past the finish line, but that's ok too. I'll be looking for my time on the site later, as I had a timing chip on my shoe.

Now I have a time to beat at the end of the month at the Greenville 5k. My goal for this one was simple: sub-36 minutes, and I was happy. I turned the first mile in 9 minutes flat, and the second at 19:00. However, right after the 2 mile mark was a HUGE and very long uphill run, and that about killed me.

Well, I'm off for now to take care of some things for the house. More later.

No comments: