Monday, October 17, 2005

Yippee!

Do you remember that feeling as a kid when you got up early on Christmas morning, and peeked into the living room at the presents? You knew you couldn't open them yet, but you were too excited to go back to sleep? You saw that Santa had brought the new bike, and you were dying to go take it out and feel the wind flying in your hair?

Well, I had that feeling tonight. I am starting week seven of my run program. I was just about done, and could feel my body take over and go on automatic. I could feel my legs just piston up and down and my arms pump back and forth. My breathing was on auto-pilot, and my heart rate was up but as steady as a metronome. I know I'm not quite where I want to be yet, but I can see and feel the progress.

I finished my run and then took Shadow on his mile and a half walk. That made my total time just over 90 minutes of exercise, and I feel good. I will probably feel this tomorrow, but for now I am going to enjoy it.

No comments: