Friday, October 07, 2005

The Sun has Gone and Stolen my Shadow

Late last night I was letting Shadow outside so he could do his business. His leash (20' trainer) became entangled around the grill and dumped it. This panicked him and he took off. I searched in the rain last night for an hour and a half, and spent another hour and a half first thing this morning looking to no avail.

With the assistance of 4 wonderful people we searched for over 3 and a half hours for him, and still no success. With all the rain, I suspect that he has gone to ground. I have put out flyers and even the Fountain Inn police are on the lookout.

A quick word to that. While searching today, I stopped a passing patrolman. I gave him the flyer with Shadow's description, my phone number and Shadow's picture. He called before changing shifts, and asked if Shadow had been found. When I told him no, he told me he would be sure to pass along the flyer to the oncoming shift. I know that they have lots of things on their plate, but the kindness shown will not be forgotten. Promises made, are promises kept.

I can not properly express my thanks to ALL those who have helped me search for my best friend. From the folks at FHGRR, to the mailman, and the local UPS driver, all have expressed their sympathy, and support. This is an incredibly trying time, but the burden is much easier to bear with the help of all of you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments: