Saturday, October 29, 2005

Spinx 5k Run

I've finally had time to slow down today.

This morning started with my usual morning walk with Shadow. Just slightly over a mile and it was in the 30's!

After getting him settled, I changed clothes and headed downtown to run in the Run Fest downtown. This was my second 5k run, and it was a very brisk morning. I was a little worried about my performance, but I did just fine. However, I did have to come back to the house to pick up my runners number. In my haste to leave, I forgot it on the kitchen counter.

My unofficial time was 29:05. I am hoping that it was a little better than that, although I can't be too disappointed. My goal was 30 minutes and I managed to shave 2 full minutes off of my first 5k time. My work is starting to pay off!

While I was getting ready for the run, I found this passage and while it is out of context, it fit.
Hebrews 12:1 ...run with perseverance the race marked before us. (NIV)

I also took the time to take Shadow up to the Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue's reunion in Paris Mountain State Park. There were a ton of dogs there and he had a blast. He was properly scolded for running away, and then loved on for being such a good dog. He was in heaven!

No comments: