Monday, September 19, 2005

I Beat the Monster!

Well, in a manner of speaking.

I went for my run tonight and pushed through the doubts and pain and finished. That's the "Monster" that creeps up on you when you're running. It whispers in your ear how hard it is, how you can't make it, how long you've run, etc. Well tonight I was beset by him and managed to push him away and finish my run! It's a minor victory in the grand scheme of things, but it's got me stoked!

I also have another monkey off of my back. I went to jury duty today and did not get selected. Since they only had a couple of cases that would go to trial this week, I was released. That means I have the rest of the week to get to work and get out from under the mountain that is there waiting on me. That's a whole 'nother monster!

But on the bright side, I have my dog home with me and he's lying in his usual place on the floor of the living room. It's really nice to have him home. Once again, thank you to Jeannie and Norm for keeping him for me!

No comments: