Monday, February 02, 2009

Superbowl

My wife and I attended a Superbowl party last night at a friend's house. This is the second year in a row that we've done this. There was a very good group last night and we all had a great time. My wife made a new buffalo chicken and cheese dip that was superb. I brought along as well a peach salsa from Abbott Farms in Gaffney, SC. This is fantastic stuff as well and was well received.

Before leaving, my wife asked me who I was wanted to win. You see, I am a Panther's fan. I told her that I liked both teams and truly would be happy with either one winning, I was just hoping for a good game.

You have to be careful for what you wish for, because you just might get it. Well I think we were treated to a fantastic game last night. The quality of the play was fabulous. The only thing that I felt marred the performance was that Arizona committed too many penalties. That kept Pittsburgh going when the could have been stopped. But other than that, I felt it was a great game. My only question was why, with just a few seconds left on the clock they didn't review the fumble made by Kurt Warner. While watching it on the replays, I felt the argument could have been made that his arm was making a throwing motion. Then it would have been an incomplete pass, and Arizona would have had one more shot down the field. But nevertheless we watched a great game, and enjoyed the company of good friends. That certainly was a great way to cap the weekend.

No comments: