Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I'm back!

Well summer has settled in with a vengance here in South Carolina! The tempratures have soared to the middle-90's, and the humidity has followed like an obediant shadow. This has made for a run of miserable days and sticky nights. But this is to be expected this time of year. That still doesn't mean we have to like it, however.

After a quick survey of several web sites, it seems that the fight over President Bush's nomination for the Supreme Court is well underway. From early reports and quick research, he seems to be falling on the side against judicial activism, which is exactly what we need. However, time and a long Senatorial Inquisition will test his mettle. I expect from the early tones taken by the usual suspects from the left that this will not be a rubber stamp approval of Judge Roberts. I will take great delight in following his progress through the Senate hearings to come.

I was introduced today to a new site that I will be frequenting. SCHotline is an amalgamation of political news from across the state from a variety of sources. I have not done much with this site yet, but it is my intention to visit early and often.

I know I've mentioned many times that I do not keep a daily record, or blog if you will, as well as I should. One of my many resolutions for this year was to better my record. I know that the year is more than half-way through, but I'm trying!

No comments: