Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Well, I'm in the airport here in Greenville, SC waiting on my flight. Luckily the airport now has FREE wireless service, and handy signs that point out AC power outlets, so I don't have to depend on my battery. Why other airports can't (or won't) do this, I don't understand.

The connection speed is very good, and the service is much appreciated. I'll have to drop them a line and say "thanks".

Of course, I was selected to go through the full search by the TSA. After the process I got a strange look from the TSA types. I went through my briefcase thoroughly after it was returned. I made sure that not only was everything still there, but nothing had been introduced without my knowledge. It had been out of my direct sight during the search process, and I wasn't about to leave until I had looked carefully through it. It is a crying shame that we've managed to do more damage to our freedom than the perpetrators of 9/11. "Those that give up essential liberty for temporary security...." runs through my head each and every time I board a plane now.

No comments: