Saturday, December 10, 2005

This has been a very busy week.

I have had lots of work to do during the day, and then more to do at night, so time to update my blog was not really available.

Today has been busy as well. I met Jack and Scott (from Canada) at the office at 9:00 am and we went to Paris mountain to run a new trail there. Jack had run the trail before and was raving about it. I hate being cold and it was very cold this morning. We met at the office and it was 35 degrees. Luckily there wasn't much of a breeze blowing, so it was manageable.

The trail took us down to the lake and around it and Jack was right. The view was great. I did fine of the run down, but ran out of gas coming back up the hill. We came back up to a trailhead and started down the mountain for the last easy stretch of the run and made it down to the road. Jack told us that once we crossed the road, the trip back up the hill was the tough part.

His words couldn't have been more prophetic. We hadn't made it more than 10 yards into the woods when he went down hard. He had stepped on a rock and twisted his ankle. I could tell that he was in a tremendous amount of pain, and went to get the car and bring it back down.

I ran and walked up the mountain until a car came by and gave me a lift to the parking area, and drove back down to pick up Jack and Scott. We took Jack back to Greenville and left him in the care of the doctors. I'll call him later today to see what they had to say.

No comments: