Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Stressful Times, or Resumes, cover letters, and job fairs, oh my!

Well these are indeed stressful times. Angela and I have less than two months together as newly weds, and I find myself on the outside looking in at the job market.

I was laid off from my job one week ago. This came as a shock but looking back at it now (hind sight is indeed 20/20), it should not have been a surprise. My company merged with a competitor and I was caught in the middle. Now, all things considered this may be the best thing to happen to me. The timing wasn't the best (but is it ever?).

I have the skills and sales acumen to be a benefit in many different fields, it's just a matter of finding the right fit for me. I am trying to keep to a work routine, and work out regimen to keep the stress at bay. I had a small "pity party" last night, and have hopefully put that useless event behind me for good.

Now I am off to work to find work.

No comments: